Whew! These back to school days are hard on this old gal. The clock seems to enjoy turning 5, just to see the look on my face as I realize this one, annoying truth: I have no plans for dinner. Blah. Continue reading
A few weeks ago, mom cookie pie bars made these for the Schuermann Family. She made them because she knew they were one of Ken and Alice’s favorite. As I took the first bite, I remembered how delicious these treats are and thought to myself “Why haven’t I made these??”. That mental whisper was quickly followed by a directive: “You will be making these and sharing them with the world ((via Food for a Year – however small that world may be)). Because, what the world needs now is this cookie bar perfection.”
This meal was created for two reasons:
- I made this for Kade’s birthday and he asked me not to “cook”…
- I needed a simple, quick meal that the birthday boy would LOVE
If you are following me on Instagram or Facebook then you already know about this recipe. It has been a busy week, not unlike all of my weeks lately! But when I made this casserole yesterday, I had to do something I haven’t had to do in a long time. I started thinking about what I needed to do for dinner at 6 am.
One of my favorite meals is baked Sockeye Salmon! So yummy, so simple, so fast & so very healthy. The entire herd loves this meal ((I think Gracie loves it because it is pink!)). Have you ever baked salmon fillets? Continue reading
How many nights in your week are played like this?
- Fly in from hauling kiddos to piano lessons, the gas station, library & the grocery store
- No yummy smells from a pre-planned & cooked meal are greeting us as we come in the kitchen
- Kids are hungry
- Dinner time is in 5 minutes
- Didn’t buy anything at the groc. for dinner ((oops))
- The gutter repair people ring the doorbell as I am rushing to throw something in the oven