Heavenly Homemade Hot Fudge Sauce
It’s halftime, game 7 and we lead by 3! As Shep said: “Mom, this is Thunder HISTORY, it’s crazy!”Boy was he right!! To celebrate that fact, we had sundaes with my homemade hot fudge sauce.
Simple Homemade Heaven
This recipe is so simple, there is no reason to buy store bought ever again.
Ingredient Short List
Sweetened condensed milk, 2 king-sized Hershey bars, 1 stick of butter & 2 teaspoons of vanilla – a bit of heat & you have heaven in a bowl.
Combine all ingredients in a double boiler system, it melts so easily without over cooking.
Maybe it’s time to double the recipe
Vanilla is the perfect addition, perfectly emphasizes ‘homemade’ for this hot fudge sauce.
This recipe makes about 2 pints.
Check out my instagram video of hot fudge sauce in the making!
Hot Fudge Sauce
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (I used low fat)
- 1 stick butter, 8 oz salted
- 2 king-sized Hershey bars (7 oz each)
- 2 t vanilla
- Using a double boiler system, bring water to a low boil.
- Place a tempered glass bowl over steaming water.
- Add all of the ingredients, stirring until melted and combined. Remove from heat.
- Using a wide-mouthed funnel, pour hot fudge sauce into half-pint sized canning/mason jars, cover with lid and refrigerate up to 3 weeks.
Note – the preferred method is a double boiler however, these ingredients can be placed in a microwaveable bowl and microwaved at 50% in 45 second increments, stirring between incements until melted and combined.