BLT on a stick with Homemade Buttermilk Herbed Dressing
BLT — it is my most favorite sandwich. Toasted white bread, a smear of mayo, thick cut salty bacon, crisp iceberg & a juicy slab of ripe, juicy summer tomato. I am just not sure it can get any better. That is why I was so excited to try this idea ((found on PINTEREST)). It was the perfect addition to the wedding shower tasties I served over the weekend!
I served my favorite brunch recipe: Big Country Breakfast Bread Pudding.
And the best baked dip ever: Onion Soufflé.
Oh — and then there was that Wedding Cake in a Jar. Oh, it is so good.
But these simple little skewers? They are a perfect party bite. And because there is so much lettuce & tomato, it is healthy… so I can eat more cake right??
I loved the skewers, but I really loved the homemade buttermilk herbed dressing I drizzled over the skewers.
Just a few simple ingredients, a blend of fresh herbs and a hearty shake is all it takes to make this yummy homemade dressing.
Actually, I made the dressing so fast – I neglected to take any photos of the process. ((sorry)) But it is so easy — there is really no need for a play by play!
Next time you need a buttermilk dressing fix — make your own. You will be sure to impress yourself!
- 3/4 c light Hellman's mayo
- 1/4 c sour cream ((light is fine))
- 3/4 c milk ((I used whole - but skim will work))
- 3/4 c buttermilk
- 2 T fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 T fresh chopped thyme
- 4 T fresh chopped dill
- 4 T fresh chopped chives
- sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- a few dashes of McCormick's Montreal Steakhouse Seasoning
- Add all the ingredients to a medium mixing bowl and whisk until combined. Pour the dressing into a lidded jar and seal. Shake for 1 minute and refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve. Lasts 10 days refrigerated.