*Copycat* Lemon Pepper Wings
I am excited to share this surprisingly EASY Copycat Wing recipe with you – just perfect for football season!
Three ingredients plus 2 pounds of wings & 35-45 minutes in your oven is all it takes to make a batch of lemon pepper wings that rivals Wing Stop. Trust me – I know exactly just how delicious those wings are. This recipe nailed it!
You will be surprised when I tell you that NO deep fryer is involved ((“well hello, healthy”)).
That’s right, these wings are oven-fried and still so crispy and delicious, with just the right amount of lemony zip.
The key to a crispy oven-fried wing is the simple addition of cornstarch. Just a few tablespoons added to your favorite seasoning blend and these wings will rival their deep-fried cousins. All that is left is to toss the wings to coat, place them on a baking rack, brush each wing lightly with oil and bake at 425°.
Another simple, tasty meal perfect for a busy night or a game day snack!
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 2 T cornstarch
- 1½ T lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 t sugar
- ¼ t sea salt
- ¼ t ground pepper
- 2 T canola oil
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line two rimmed baking sheets with foil and spray two baking racks with nonstick spray. ((The racks should fit inside of the baking sheets.))
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except the canola oil. Toss until the wings are evenly coated.
- Place the wings on the baking racks, spacing evenly ((approximately 2" apart)). Brush each wing with canola oil and place the racks into the preheated oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes, remove from oven and flip each wing over. Brush each wing with canola oil and return to the oven for 20-25 more minutes.
- Once wings are medium golden and crispy, remove from the oven. Allow to cool 5 minutes before serving.
- Serves 4
- *For spicy lemon pepper wings, add 1 t cayenne pepper and 1 t red chili pepper flakes.