2 Ingredient Dinner! ((Get your grocery list ready!))
Are you working on your weekly meal plan? Writing a grocery list?? Dreaming of a simple & fast meal?? Is to too much to ask for it to be tasty too? You have come to the right blog! I have just the recipe for you, so get your pen and paper ready – you will need to add something to your grocery list ((if you already have it on hand, I am super impressed!!)).
Ponzu!! — It’s PONZU!! Have you used it before? Have you even heard of it? It is similar to soy sauce, maybe more similar to teriyaki. But is has a lovely citrus kick. It is my new favorite condiment. It comes in lemon and lime. For this recipe I used lime ((actually that is all there was on the shelf — I had no choice)).
I first heard about this recipe a few years ago from Hoda – she was so excited! I think she cooked it for Kathy Lee & they both flipped out. If two grown women can go crazy over oven-roasted fish at 9 am…it has to be good! haha!!
I searched all over Pinterest trying to find an actual recipe for this fish, but never really found a link. After piecing several pin commentaries together, I settled on a cooking temp & time, and quantities of ingredients. I found no instructions, tips or steps. Here is what I found to be most important:
- Preseason your pan by placing a few drops of canola oil on a paper towel and wiping the paper towel over the bottom and sides of the pan ((you don’t need much – this will help keep the meal lean)).
- Preheat the pan WHILE the preheating oven ((in the oven)). This will give you a wonderful sear and instant crisp to the fish skin ((that is if your fish has skin)).
- Coat the entire fillet in canola oil, one or two drops should be enough to coat ((just use you hands to spread it around)).
- Once you have preheated the pan, place the fish on it, then pour the entire 10 oz bottle of Ponzu in the pan.
- Put it in the oven & spoon the Ponzu on top of each fillet twice during the cooking process ((cooking time should be about 15 minutes)).
- 1-10 oz bottle of Ponzu (lemon to lime - your choice)
- 2 - 4 8 oz. fish fillets (I used Chilean Sea Bass for this meal*)
- Preheat oven and pre-seasoned brasier to 350°. Lightly coat fish fillets in a few drops of canola oil. Once pan is preheated, remove it from the oven, place the fillets (skin side down) in the pan, pour the bottle of Ponzu around the fillets. Spoon 1-2T of Ponzu over the fillets, place in the oven for 8 minutes, spoon Ponzu over fish one more time and finish cooking time (approximately 15 minutes).
- Remove, spoon Ponzu over fish one more time & serve.
- Cod, Tuna, Salmon & Halibut would also be perfect for this recipe!!