Grilled Broccoli for Mother’s Day!
We had such a tasty Mother’s Day meal – all prepped, planned & executed by hubby.
While menu planning and shopping, he found a beautiful bunch of ‘baby broccoli’ and decided to grill it along with my favorite Jalapeño Grilled Chicken ((recipe coming soon)). I have to say, I was skeptical. But I found my inner Julia Child (see what I am talking about here) & seasoned it for the open flame.
It was so tasty, char meets broccoli, 2 flavors I never imagined combining and it was a hit. Later, David and I were talking about the meal and he asked what was my favorite part. I quickly answered – ‘the grilled broccoli, I was surprised how good it was!’.
He thought the Blackberry Buttermilk Buttercream was the star… it was a star, but the grilled broccoli was THE star can you even believe what I am saying??
- 1-2 bunches of baby broccoli, washed and dried*
- Canola oil
- Trader Joe's Everyday Seasoning (or another steakhouse grinder)
- Prep grill by spraying grill grate with non-stick spray & bringing fire to medium heat.
- Coat broccoli with canola oil, giving special attention to completely coat the florets: this will keep them from burning.
- Season broccoli with everyday seasoning (or another steakhouse grinder, I also like several McCormick's steak seasonings).
- Place broccoli on grill for 4 minutes, turning halfway through.
- *We only used 1 lb, I wish we had more. Next time we will throw 2 lbs on the grill for sure!