Valentine Mini-Cookie Truffles
Happy Valentine’s Day! I bet you have dreams and plans of dinner and flowers! Make a little room to add this treat to you V-day plans. These mini-cookie truffles are a twist on a recipe ((Teenie Cookie Butter Balls)) I recently shared, you can view it here. They were a real hit – so I decided to give them a Valentine’s Day makeover.((Teenie Cookie Butter Balls)) — don’t they look tasty??
For my Valentine’s Day twist, I used strawberry wafer cookies, shortbread cookies, cream cheese, a drop of cake flavoring ((I would omit this next time — I think it tasted fake)), white candy coating & the all important sprinkles.
First, place the cookies in the food processor.
Pulse and add cream cheese.
Pulse until the cookies & cheese form a ball.
Refrigerate the cookie mixture while melting the white candy coating & lining baking sheets.
Using a 1 teaspoon measuring spoon, roll the cookie mixture into balls.
Dip each ball into the coating.
Place the coated ball onto a parchment lined baking sheet & top with a pinch of sprinkles. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Or eat them all immediately, haha. Gracie & I packaged them up for delivery to all of her Valentines.
- 1 package strawberry wafer cookies
- 1 sleeve of shortbread cookies ((like Lorna Doone))
- 1 package of white can coating ((Candi-Quik works best I think))
- 1 8 oz block of cream cheese
- 4-5 T Valentine sprinkles
- Place cookies into a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs form. Add cream cheese & continue pulsing until a large cookie ball forms.
- Place the cookie mixture into a medium bowl & refrigerate until ready to dip.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper & melt candy coating according to package instructions. Place sprinkles in a small bowl near your working station so they are easy to reach. Remove cookie mixture from the fridge. Using a 1 teaspoon spoon, scoop even amounts of dough, roll into a ball. Dip the ball into the melted candy coating and place on the lined baking sheet. Sprinkle a pinch of sprinkles on top of each truffle before the candy coating hardens. Continue until all the cookie mixture has been used.
- Makes 80-90 mini truffles.
- Get ready for a St. Patty's Day twist -- you know it's coming!