Teenie Cookie Butter Cookie Balls
Yes, my friends, I did it. I made “teenie” cookie butter cookie balls. Teenie being a code word for “eat by the dozens guilt-free”. That is right, I used the words “cookie butter” and “guilt-free” in the same paragraph. Trust me – I am buying into the lie, but my pants seem to disagree.
The ingredient list is short & the creation process is so simple – but the taste?? It is an eye-bulging wow!! This batch yielded 82 teenie wonders – after 3 hours we are officially in the 40’s. Hubby had to bag them up or else we would have none for our upcoming Super Bowl part-ay!
Although, these were SO easy ((and therapeutic — think kindergarten & play dough)) to make, I may just have to make another batch tomorrow!
I chose the simple vanilla sandwich cookies ((specifically Vienna Fingers by Keebler)) because I think they do the best job of letting the cookie butter flavor shine through. But, of course, you can use any sandwich cookie you prefer.
I also used several tablespoons of cookie butter, just because. I mean – cookie butter makes everything better! If you haven’t introduced yourself to cookie butter, you must stop everything you are doing and run ((fast)) to the grocery store. Life as you know it will be forever changed. Oh, and you may want to pick up a few pairs of stretchy pants while you are at it.
Cream cheese is the last ingredient for the inside of this ball. I used 1/3 less fat cream cheese because it is all I had on hand. I would imagine the full fat would work just as good. Cream cheese is a key component, adding some necessary tang to this otherwise sweet treat.
Blend these three ingredients in a food processor and let the magic happen. I tested out ratios of these three ingredients and landed on just the right texture! By using the entire package of cookies, 1/3 cup of cookie butter and the entire 8 ounce package of cream cheese, the most perfect ball can be formed.
More important than the prefect shape – the ball needs to keep its shape while being dipped. I am here to tell you – this cookie ((ball)) doesn’t crumble.
I decided to make these treats teenie by using a teaspoon measuring spoon. Sure, it made the process a bit longer than if I had used a tablespoon, but I ABSOLUTELY love this size!! They are a perfect two-bite treat. And these little runts are just too cute!!
After all 83 ((or so — but who’s counting??)) balls are formed, I refrigerated them for 15 minutes to ensure they held their shape.
I melted the white chocolate candy coating according to package instructions & began taking them for a dip!
In just a few minutes, that outer candy shell hardens. These balls can either be served right away, or refrigerated and served within a day or two, of you can resist them for that long!
These are love at first bite! If ever there was a time to use that corny tagline, now is the time!! They are just that good!
- 1 14.2 ounce package of Vienna Fingers sandwich cookie ((or your favorite flavor of sandwich cookie))
- 1 8 ounce block of Cream Cheese ((I used 1/3 less fat))
- 1/3 c Cookie Butter
- 1 package Almond Bark, vanilla flavored candy coating
- Place first three ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until combined & cookies are reduced to fine crumbs. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Using a teaspoon measuring spoon, scoop & form balls by hand rolling the teaspoon portions into perfect teenie balls.
- Once one tray of balls is filled, place the tray in the fridge until you are ready to dip. Melt the candy coating according to package instructions. While dipping the first tray, place the second tray in the fridge.
- Once outer shell is hardened, serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Makes 75-85 teenie balls.