Oven-Roasted Purple Steak Fries
I just love these purple fingerlings. The first time I cut into one – I was simply delighted! I expected to see white flesh. But imagine my ((and Gracie’s)) excitement when instead of white, we saw this beautiful rosy purple color?!
The taste & texture are like a “normal” fingerling ((they are not like a yam)). But the color only deepens as they roast. ((I regularly find them available at Whole Foods.))
At my dinner table, anytime I can throw my kiddos for a loop by introducing a strange colored veggie – they are all in! ((Well except for Kade – but at 12½, I have come to except that that is just who he is, and I heart him))
I have no photo of ingredients because they are so easy – I didn’t even think about sharing them until they were ready to go in the oven.
All I did to prepare these steak fries was:
- quarter each fingerling lengthwise
- spread out evenly on a parchment lined baking sheet
- toss with non-GMO canola, S & P – and a few dashes of Lawry’s
- bake in a preheated 425° oven for 25 minutes ((or until crispy outside and thoroughly cooked inside))
- just to “pretty them up”, I sprinkled a few tablespoons of chopped fresh chives for garnish
- 2 lbs purple or red fingerlings ((or whatever you have))
- sea salt & cracked pepper, to your taste ((I use between 1/2 & 1/4 t each))
- A few dashes of Lawry's
- 2-3 t canola oil ((I use non-GMO))
- Preheat oven to 425°. Quarter each fingerling lengthwise. Spread out evenly on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Toss with non-GMO canola, S & P - and a few dashes of Lawry's.
- Bake in a preheated 425° oven for 25 minutes ((or until crispy outside and thoroughly cooked inside)).
- just to "pretty them up", I sprinkled a few tablespoons of chopped fresh chives for garnish