Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies + Caramel M&M’s
One of my all-time favorite cookie recipes just got even better. This triple chocolate chocolate chip cookie was made for caramel M&M’s!
Moist, dense, chewy and fudge-like — packed with chocolate, these cookies will satisfy your sweet tooth for sure. The addition of caramel M&M’s adds a hint of saltiness that really puts these cookies “over the top”!
Start off by whipping together cold butter that’s been cubed & cane sugar.
Add 1 cup of cocoa powder & vanilla and continue whipping.
Next, combine dry ingredients (flour, salt and baking powder).
Once the dry ingredients are incorporated into the cocoa powder, butter & sugar, add 5 cups ((total)) of chocolate chips and caramel M&M’s. I used a combination of milk chocolate chips, mini semi-sweet chocolate chips and caramel M&M’s. I just wanted to cover all of my bases, haha.
Stir to combine, making sure to scrape down the sides as you go.
Using a 1 oz. scoop, scoop the dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Position dough 2″ apart.
Bake in a 350° preheated oven for 9-10 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Pass the milk please!
- 2 cups (4 sticks) cold butter, cubed
- 3½ cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1½ T vanilla
- 1 cup dark cocoa powder
- 4½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. coarse salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 5 cups semi-sweet, milk and caramel M&M's ((or any combo you prefer))
- Preheat the oven to 350˚ F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugar. Beat together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Blend in the eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl as needed. Add vanilla. Mix in the cocoa powder until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients and lightly whisk together until evenly mixed. Add the flour mixture to the mixing bowl, in 2 cups portions. Mix on low-speed until each portion is incorporated before adding the next. Fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Using a 2-oz. scoop, scoop dough onto baking sheets a few inches apart. Bake 9-11 minutes (I found 9.5 minutes to be the magic number).
- Let cool on the baking sheets 2-3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Makes 60 cookies