Chicken Thigh Taco Bowls
If you’re anything like me, this month is full of goals. Eating better, spending less, more intentional with time…can you relate? Well, one of the ways I position myself for success is with dinnertime and this Chicken Thigh Taco Bowl recipe is a significant step in the right direction — here’s why ….
A Great Meal for Budgets
First, cooking with chicken thighs comes with several perks ::
- budget friendly
- full of flavor
- practically impossible to overcook
Getting a home-cooked meal on the table is one of the ways I manage my spending and eating habits. Not only is each serving under $2 per person, I was also able to limit the calories and fat by being intentional with my ingredients and cooking techniques (oven-roasting/no fat added).
A GREAT Meal when TIME is short
Next – talking about time management goals — this recipe is quickly assembled and on the table in under 45 minutes — mix – cook – serve!
Intentionality with my time is another key area that I’m focused on improving, and home-cooked meals definitely help me in meeting that goal. In fact, I was just talking with a friend about how family dinnertime can be one of the most fulfilling parts of my day. Low-key, good food is such a wonderful platform for conversation and reconnection and turns a regular part of my day into an opportunity.
A GREAT Meal for Batching
These spicy roasted taco chicken thighs and caramelized veggies are such a tasty and filling comfort-food meal. I love the flexibility of garnishes and the ease of batching for several bonus meals throughout the week. Look at us — meeting life goals in rapid-fire fashion — and it tastes so good!
Chicken Thigh Taco Bowls
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 T no salt taco seasoning
- ½ t garlic salt
- ½ t smoked salt (optional)
- 1-2 t kosher salt
- ¼ t black pepper
- zest + juice of one lime
- ½ medium white onion, thinly sliced
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 3 T cilantro
- 1 c sweet peppers or jalapeño’ peppers (or a combination), thinly sliced
- diced tomatoes
- shredded lettuce
- grated cheese
- 30 minutes before serving, preheat oven to 400° and spray an 11” x 13” roasting pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together all ingredients (except the garnishes).
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes -1 hour (up to overnight).
- Place chicken and veggies into the prepared pan and into the preheated oven.
- Roast 30-35 minutes, flipping the chicken halfway through the cooking time.
- Once cooked through, chop chicken and serve with garnishes.