My favorite FAST FOOD taco…
I love tacos, my family loves tacos … doesn’t the world LOVE tacos? Over 15% of my posts talk about tacos including these three tasty recipes: “Buongiorno” Chicken Tacos, Spicy Teriyaki Tacos & Crispy Fish Tacos.
MY TOP 6 REASONS FOR “Why do I love TACOS so much?”:
6 – they taste GOOD.
5 – There are endless combinations, flavors and ingredients that can be stuffed into a tortilla and called “taco”.
4 – They make my family happy.
3 – When my family is happy I am happy.
2 – Taco meat is super easy to make in bulk and freeze for later uses ((insert – “with a little prep work they are faster than fast food!”)).
1 – They swoop in and SAVE THE DAY ((dinner)) when I am certain all hope for a tasty homemade meal is lost.
- 2 lb lean ground hamburger meat, browned
- 1/2 large onion, finely diced
- 4-5 medium carrots ((UNPEELED)), finely shredded using a microplane
- 2-3 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 1/2 T Hatch red chili powder, I prefer mild
- 1 1/2 T Hatch green chili powder
- 1 1/2 T dried oregano
- 1 T cumin
- 2 T dry ranch dressing mix
- 2 c favorite tomato based salsa
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 c sharp cheddar, grated
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 12 uncooked fresh tortillas
- In a large skillet or braiser, add onions and carrots & cook on medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid sticking and burning. Add garlic and cook for two more minutes, make sure garlic doesn't burn because that will make your tacos taste GAG.
- Add cooked meat to the cooking veggies and allow meat to heat through. Next, add spices, oregano, ranch and salsa stir till combined and allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Taste-test and add salt and pepper to taste.
- While taco meat it simmering, cook tortillas according to package instructions.
- Garnish with shredded cheese and sliced avocado, or any other veggies you have on hand.