Lime Cilantro & Jalapeño Salad ((serve with curry…if you please))
I recently invented the wheel. It was hard but somebody had to do it…Life will be so much brighter & simpler for all of humanity. Okay, as you know, I did no such thing – but even three days later, I am still beaming about the recipe I created: Thai Buttermilk Curry & Apricot Glazed Grilled Flap Steak. It came from a combination of no time & necessity.
I challenge you to try this recipe, whether on chicken, beef, fish, pork or portabella mushrooms — this simple marinade will make your eyes bulge and your tastebuds two-step. But, before you take your first bite, let me share with you an important garnish to this meal.
When lime & cilantro meet curry magic happens – yes, curry is so good by itself. But, the next time you go Thai or Indian…toss together this simple salad. I am sure it won’t disappoint!
- 1/2 jalapeño, very thinly sliced (or more depending on your heat preference)
- 2 small cucumbers, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 medium red onion, sliced paper-thin
- 1/2 c chopped cilantro
- 1 lime (all of the zest & juice)
- 2 T canola oil
- 1/2 c apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 c apricot preserves
- s & p to taste
- Combine all ingredient in a small mixing bowl. Toss the veggies to coat. refrigerate 5-15 minutes & serve with Thai Buttermilk Curry - or anything else, it's a free country...