Little Smokie & Peach-Mango Biscuit Cups ((It’s what’s for Breakfast!))
You may have noticed — I love chopping up Pillsbury products and stuffing them into muffin cups. I have shared quite a few breakfast winners & just when I thought I had tried it all, in flew the great idea of little smokies and peach-mango preserves.
The combo of sweet & tangy, oozy preserves and the smoky, salty sausages with a zip of sharp cheddar — all crammed into biscuit perfection?? It is just about the most wonderful breakfast bite I have ever tasted. Really!
And, wow these breakfast treats are SUPER easy to make.
Quartering the biscuits and halving the smokies allows for the the preserves and cheese to ooze all over the place.((which is my favorite part!!))
Little helping hands are perfect for assembling these biscuit cups – so herd the kiddos into the kitchen!
Start by dropping 2 quarters of biscuit dough & a few slices of sharp cheddar into each cup.
Next, add 5 smoky halves.
Drop a teaspoon of preserves on top of the smokies.
Top with remaining biscuit pieces and cheese. ((Some cups will only have one biscuit piece on top — but that’s okay. Just give it to the person who isn’t totally awake yet!))
Bake at 375° for 12 to 14 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and while they are cooling, tell your tastebuds to buckle up because they are about to go for a wild ride!!
AHH, my mouth is watering just remembering that amazing first bite! I.want.more.now. ((please))
I think those “Little” Smokies are mighty good– and the cheese & preserves are morning magic.
In case you were wondering, this recipe is kiddo & parent approved!! ((YAY!))
- 1 can of your favorite biscuits, biscuits quartered (the can I used had 10 biscuits in it)
- 30 Little Smokies, halved
- 4 to 6 oz sharp cheddar, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c peach-mango preserves
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a muffin tin with non-stick muffin cups. Place 2 pieces of biscuit dough in the bottom of each cup & top with cheese (making sure to reserve some cheese for the top).
- Add 5 Little Smokies halves and a dollop ((approximately a heaping teaspoon)) of preserves. Top with remaining biscuit dough and cheese.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until the biscuit tops are a pretty, medium golden brown.
- Allow the biscuit cups to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Makes 12 cups.