Super Cheesy Double Meat Baked Spaghetti
With the first bite of this baked spaghetti, I thought to myself “why has it been so long since I made this for dinner??”. I quickly answered my question — which, as I look back on this convo– makes me realize: not only am I talking to myself; I am admitting it publicly. Is that a good picture of a mom’s life or what?!
So – here is my answer: “Wow, this is so good, I can’t quit eating it. Now I remember why it’s been off the menu for so long!! It makes my pants tight!”.
Now, before you think to yourself: “all baked spaghetti’s are created equal – seen one recipe, seen them all…”, let me tell you a little bit about my favorite way to make baked spaghetti.
- I like to use half sausage, half ground beef ((cooked in bulk & frozen))
- jarred pasta sauce ((only my favorite brand, of course))
- cottage cheese — trust me, it’s magical
- cream cheese — because it makes EVERYTHING better
- hand grated parmesan, mozzarella & cheddar
This meal was perfect for our rainy inside day!
I boiled the pasta while the kiddos recreated Van Gogh’s “Starry Night”.
And baked it while the kiddos mostly fought over Connect Four. But, being the savvy mom of four that I am — I know just how to snap a picture that catches NONE of those screaming/punching moments. See:
It is almost magazine worthy!
Speaking of magazine worthy, this is as delicious as it looks.
The cream cheese adds a richness — oh!! It’s just so very good.
One little note: do not over cook the pasta. Take 1 to 2 minutes off of the package instructions and it will be perfect when baked.
- 1 lb cooked spaghetti*
- 1 to 1 1/2 c whole milk cottage cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 1 24 oz jar of your favorite pasta sauce ((reserve 1 c of pasta sauce))
- 1 lb ground, browned sausage
- 1 lb ground, browned beef
- 2 c hand-grated mozzarella
- 1 c hand-grated medium cheddar
- 1/2 c hand-grated parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 T chopped chives for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°. Butter a 9"x13" baking dish. Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium mixing bowl, reserving 1 cup of pasta sauce. Pour the reserved cup of pasta sauce into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Pour cooked & drained pasta over the pasta sauce. Pour meat mixture over the pasta. Top with grated cheeses.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes. Garnish with chopped chives.
- *when cooking the pasta, follow the package instructions but take 2 minutes off of the boiling time.