Simple Crispy Pesto Chicken & Potatoes
Summer – whew. It’s a break for sure, but BOY are we busy! We enjoyed a nice trip to the lake last week and then squeezed in a double portion of busy when we got home. Doctor’s appointments, a slew of summer cooking classes ((check out my upcoming classes HERE and HERE)) and a set of freshly applied braces were just a few of the activities that had us moving at a speedy pace this week.
When busy days fill the week, dinner prep takes a back seat ((that’s the motto for a busy mom, right?!)). A home-cooked dinner may not greet the herd at the end of every overloaded day but if you have this short-list of ingredients, at least one meal can be checked off for your week.
Here’s what you’ll need ::
- 1 to 2 bags of your favorite frozen breaded chicken strips
- jarred pesto
- shredded cheese, I prefer Monterey Jack
- frozen potato wedges
- fresh cherry tomatoes
With these few items, dinner will be assembled at rapid-fire pace! It’s kind of empowering – hunger, a fast-approaching dinner bell and a plan. It’s a save the day kind of recipe for sure.
It takes under 5 minutes to get these ingredients in the pan and into the oven.
Homemade Toasted Walnut & Sweet Basil Pesto for the win!
In short order, dinner is served!
It’s as if you found a wrinkle in the time continuum! Dinner ((homemade)) at home to cap off your busy day.
- 1 to 2 25 oz bags of frozen breaded chicken strips (pre-cooked)
- 24-36 frozen potato wedges
- 10-15 cherry tomatoes
- 6 T pesto
- 3 c grated Monterey Jack cheese (+ extra for topping after baked)
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place all ingredients into a large baking pan, topping with shredded cheese. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes until golden, bubbly and hot throughout.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle additional cheese on top. Return to oven until cheese is melted.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serves 4 to 8 depending on how much chicken you choose to bake.