This story as been harder to write than I first anticipated ((and longer than I thought it would be too)). Originally, I thought 2 parts would cover it. However, as I began writing it out, sections and divisions became clearer to me. Each portion of this …
Search Results: lifetime
If you have been keeping up with our story, we just received news that Shepard would indeed be having an appendectomy. Find out all of the circumstances that led up to this discovery and how this new information was a direct answer to prayer by …
If you have been following along, I have been sharing the story of our recent trip to Washington State and the unexpected journey that followed. If you haven’t read part one & part two, take a few minutes to find out why our doctor was locating a pilot & plane to rush Shepard to the mainland. Continue reading A Trip of a Lifetime ((part 3)) — TBA
When you hear nothing from me for this long of a stretch, you can be sure it is not for a lack of things to say, haha. Words have been bursting forth in my mind, but time to sit and compose has been nonexistent. I am …
Welcome to my little shop featuring my seasonal jellies, jams, sauces and mixes. To order, simply comment or email me directly :: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Shipping options are available by request.
- Heirloom Pepper Jelly : made from my homegrown (started from seed) selection of heirloom peppers. Depending upon my mood and the fruit I have on hand, you may find small batch heirloom pepper jelly that contains raspberries or peaches or sand plums! – $9
- Pear Maple Jam : bits of ripe pear combined with pure maple sirup harvested from Funk’s Grove Illinois (my sister-in-law’s family farm) – $10
- Winterberry Jam : a glorious combination of raspberries, cranberries and dark sweet cherries with a splash of fresh squeezed orange juice and a cinnamon stick for good measure – $10
- Cranberry Orange Pomegranate Jam : cranberry sauce is usually an obligatory side dish, but this artisanal jam will have you placing it front and center on warm buttered rolls, mixed in with your oatmeal or yogurt or right on top of the turkey for a yummy treat! – $9
- Ruby Red Grapefruit Marmalade : well, if there ever was a time to try a marmalade — this would be the time. Made using a 48-hour artisanal technique, this marmalade utilizes the entire juicy ruby red grapefruit. Zest, juice, meat, pith and all! Yes, there is a subtle bitterness (which is expected when it comes to a grapefruit) but there’s a wonderful, fresh sweetness to perfectly balance that traditional sour/bitter flavor. And just because, I added organic cinnamon stick. It’s a flavor explosion! – $9
- Berry Cobbler Jam : what was once considered a seasonal flavor has now become available year ’round at the urgings of customers all across Norman, Okla. This beautiful, deep purple jam has hints of nutmeg + cinnamon stick. It contains a beautiful mix of blackberries, blueberries and raspberries — in the winter you may find a few cranberries in this jam too! – $9
- Summer Strawberry with Moscato – it’s everything you want in a homemade strawberry jam and then some. Fresh strawberries, a hint of lemon and a splash of sweet Moscato — summer on a spoon. $9
Cinnamon Roll Cake Mix – makes a 9″x13″ Rather than describing it, let this recent review from a customer speak for the wonders of this cake:
(I recommend using an earthenware – or – stoneware – or – glass baker.) – $14
Creamy French Hot Chocolate – a decadent drinking chocolate. Made with a blend of chopped milk and dark pure Belgian chocolate. Rich and creamy and sure to satisfy your chocolate craving. Makes 32 oz. (gluten-free)
Original – $9
Peppermint – $10
Apple Cider Mix – makes 1 gallon. Simple to make but so very flavorful! This mix is made of high-quality, organic whole spices, dried tangerine and candied ginger. (added bonus :: the glorious aroma that fills your home while this cider simmers on the stove). Contains no added sugar – $5
Food for a Year’s BEST Chili Mix : like all my other mixes and products, NO added colors, preservatives, fillers, stabilizers etc. Hatch chili powder, Mexican oregano and additional high quality spices are sure to yield the very BEST chili! This chili is ‘mild’. For a hotter chili, add crushed red chili pepper flakes. Serves 4-6 – $9
Food for a Year mixes, jams, jellies and sauces can also be purchased at the following locations (prices and selection may vary)
- Artifactory– Norman, OK
- The Flying Pig Boutique – Seminole, OKh
- Occasions Paper – Norman, OK
- Hanks Coffee & Wine – Midtown OKC, OK
- the international pantry – Norman, OK
To request wholesale pricing or to arrange carrying Food for a Year products in your shop, please email email@example.com.
The story of how a blueberry and a brownie met…
On the way to the Anacortes Ferry there is the most delightful outdoor market. I first discovered this market on our trip to Orcas Island 2 years ago. On that trip, I loaded up on fresh, sweet corn, herb bundles as big as my head, tomatoes, carrots, several types of fruit and two flats of blueberries.
The blueberries were my most treasured purchase – one taste and my entire perception of that little blue fruit was forever changed. Unfortunately, blueberries ended up being the only item I cooked with while on that trip. Continue reading Pacific Northwest Blueberry Brownies
Thanks to a wild ((or at the very least aged, unfettered & prolific)) plum tree and the kind-hearted generosity of my friend, Orcas Island potter, Mr. Weatherman, I have the pleasure of sharing this simple sour plum streusel. I went to visit Mr. Weatherman and his Olga …
When mom asked me to be thinking about what recipes we should make for snacks at grandma’s 90th birthday celebration, I immediately knew “the one” — the recipe that made me think of grandma every time I tasted it. Without a pause, I spouted out the name and mom wholeheartedly agreed. Continue reading An Heirloom Recipe, a Bit of Life & a 90th Birthday!