Oven Roasted Brussles + Bacon
I just love this simple side dish – so much that the next time I make it, I plan to quadruple it and call it dinner! It is just.that.good. And speaking of sides – this really is the perfect simple side for your upcoming Thanksgiving Feast – so add it to your menu, gather your short list of ingredients and prepare to be dazzled.
The brussels truly shine in this recipe. Oh, wait – not a fan of brussels? I believe this cooking method and recipe will convert you – so be brave and try it.
Next, I quartered the brussels, sliced the onion into thin rings and chopped 3 strips of high quality center-cut applewood smoked bacon.
Toss all three and spread out on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Season with s & p ((I love McCormick’s Montreal Steakhouse seasoning)) and roast on 425° for 25-30 minutes.
David and I literally ate these roasted brussels with perfectly crisp, meaty bacon bits right OFF of the tray within minutes of pulling them out of the oven. ((can you say “burned tongue”))
And I am not going to lie – there may have been some back and forth regarding who thought who was eating more than their fair share.
Won’t these be the perfect, delicious and simple side dish for your upcoming holiday feast??
- 1 1/2 lbs brussels sprouts, washed, dried and quartered
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 3 strips of center-cut applewood smoked bacon, sliced
- McCormick's Montreal Steakhouse seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a backing sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Add ingredients to a medium mixing bowl and toss to combine, seasoning to taste ((a light coating on all ingredients worked great for me.))
- Turn out onto baking sheet and arrange in a single layer. Place in preheated oven, giving the brussels a good toss half way through cooking time.
- Remove from oven when tips of brussels sprouts are slightly charred.
- Serves 4