((Easy)) Cheesy Bacon Biscuit Breakfast Cups
This breakfast recipe is so simple and yummy – they were such a huge hit among my herd. The best part?? THREE ingredients, that’s right – 3!! Hey, I think the boys need to start making their own breakfast — what better way for them to start than trying their hand at this recipe.
Although these breakfast yummies are super easy to make, there are a few important things to keep in mind when preparing these biscuit cups.
- Foil-lined muffin cups – they help crisp the out side of the cheesy biscuits and they easily release from the biscuit cup. ((double bonus))
- Pre-cooked bacon – I buy pre-cooked bacon in bulk at Sam’s club. I love this product! It tastes great, is a breeze to use and never leaves and greasy film all over my stove top! ((insert “clean-freak”))
- Sharp cheddar – I really like the extra bite that sharp cheddar adds to this biscuit bacon cup. Oh, and I have mentioned this before – but doesn’t hurt to say again: I only hand shred my block cheese. Have you ever glanced at the ingredient list on pre-shredded cheese?? “Cellulose” is a product used to keep the shreds from clumping, yeah – it is tree pulp. It doesn’t easily digest & is can cause stomach pain. Ain’t nobody got time for that!
One more thing about cellulose while I am on the subject. Kade used to always have stomach cramping, to the point of tears – very often ((like 3-4 times per week)). Coincidentally, I started only using block cheese and a few weeks later his stomach pain symptoms disappeared. Just something to think about.
- 1 can of your favorite canned biscuits, cut into 6ths
- 1 c hand shredded sharp cheddar
- 18 slices pre-cooked bacon, chopped into 1/2"-3/4" pieces
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a muffin tin with foil-lined muffin cups. Fill each muffin cup with a few pieces of biscuit dough, top with cheese and bacon, add a few more biscuit pieces and top off with remaining cheese and bacon. Make sure to fill each cup evenly to ensure even cooking.
- Place in a preheated oven for 15-17 minutes until cooked through and golden brown on top.
- Makes 12