Quick Ham & Cheese Rolls
These yummy Ham & Cheese Rolls are made quickly — thanks to the convenience of tubed crescent roll dough and (no surprise here) diced ham and sliced cheese. Maybe I should create a little series entitled “What I’m Currently Loving” because apparently I’m currently loving the ease and versatility of tubed pre-made dough.
And really – why not make tubed dough part of your well-stocked fridge? Even with all the joy that I get from home-making dinner rolls and fluffy pizza and cakes and muffins, I’ve never regretted that little tube of dough in my fridge!
why TUBED dough?
There’s several reasons TUBED dough is a MUST for any home fridge –
- the possibilities are limitless (EASY snacks, breakfasts, even a great mealtime solution)
- they’re a great way to get kids involved in the kitchen
- always a quick solution when short on time
This recipe uses ham and sliced American cheese (the Swiss variety to be exact), but you could DEFINITELY substitute cheddar or pepper jack or even cream cheese. Your meat choice is just as adaptable – ground, browned seasoned beef, sausage, shredded rotisserie chicken?? All great!
Once you’ve selected your fillings, the steps are simple!
- add cheese and meat
- place in muffin pan
I particularly love the combination of ham & Swiss, so classic and well-loved. But what really puts this recipe OVER-THE-TOP is that little drizzle of melted butter and a dash of BBQ rub (so don’t skip those steps!). The sure sign of a recipe’s greatness??? These Ham & Cheese Rolls go from fridge — to oven — to table in 20 minutes and were gone in 5 minutes. Maybe I should have doubled the recipe!
Quick Ham & Cheese Rolls
- 1 tube crescent rolls
- 1 c diced ham
- 4 American cheese slices
- 2 T melted butter
- 1/2 t BBQ rub
Preheat oven to 375°. Prepare a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Unroll crescent dough and pinch seams together, forming one long rectangular sheet of dough. Cut the dough in half, yielding (2) 10″x4″ sheets of dough.
Next, is the assembly ::
- tear cheese slices into 3 strips, placing 6 strips evenly across both sheets of crescent dough.
- sprinkle with diced ham.
- cut each sheet of dough into fourths (one cut lengthwise and one cut widthwise).
- roll up each rectangle and place in the prepared muffin pan.
- sprinkle each Ham & Cheese Roll lightly with BBQ rub and drizzle with butter.
Bake for 15 minutes. Allow the rolls to cool for 1-2 minutes before eating.
Makes 8 rolls.
*this recipe can be easily doubled