Bacon & Swiss Hot Onion Dip (Part 2 of the “Busy Mom Approved” recipe series)
Okay friends, I am going to blast a few recipes out over the next week. There will be very little commentary – not because they are not commentary worthy, but because this momma is full-up with life. These are TOO GOOD to them let slip away into my vault of recipes that never make their way to the light of the blog!
You know these recipes must good, or else there is NO way I would stop and share. Maybe they will help bring a little “slow-down” to your days – so ready or not, here they come!
I bet you are right there with me in the “little time to spare” category, so make a post-it reminder for yourself to follow along with my “Busy Mom Approved” series. These recipes have been a MAJOR hit in our home (both in ease of preparation and in taste) and I don’t want to miss the opportunity to pass them along to you.
This particular recipe is a twist on a family favorite (and one of my most requested recipes): Onion Soufflé. You can find another yummy twist on Onion Soufflé HERE :: Cheesy Baked Green Chili Onion Dip.
Start with making a batch of Candied Pepper Bacon, following my simple 3-ingredient recipe. If you don’t have the time to make your own candied bacon, you can sub pre-cooked bacon slices but I must tell you, the result wont be quite as spectacular. Something about that pepper and brown sugaring the salty, cheesy onion dip… it is a winner.
- Swiss cheese
- Irish cheddar
- cream cheese
- 1½ c finely diced onion
- 3 tablespoons of light Hellman’s mayo
- 6 – 8 slices of candied bacon, chopped
- a dash of McCormick’s Montreal Steak seasoning
Combine all ingredients but reserve a few tablespoons of bacon and cheese for the top.
Place into a baking dish & top with remaining bacon and cheeses and add a dash of seasoning for looks.
Bake for 30 minutes at 375°.
Serve with pita or bagel chips, tortilla chips or your favorite crackers.
- 2 c shredded swiss cheese
- 1 c shredded Irish cheddar
- 1/2 c shredded parmesan
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 T light mayo
- 1 1/2 c finely diced onion
- 6 - 8 strips candied pepper bacon, chopped
- a few dashes of McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375°. Combine all ingredients including 2 dashes of the seasoning blend, reserving 2 strips of chopped bacon and a few tablespoons of each: swiss, cheddar & parmesan for garnish. Spread into a 9" X 11" baking dish. Top with remaining bacon & cheeses and a dash of the seasoning blend. Bake for 30 minutes until light golden on top and bubbly throughout.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with your favorite crackers, tortilla chips, bagel chips, pita chips or veggies.